Help files for new author
- If you are sending your work into a publisher is it in a
format that they will accept
- Will they accept it from you, without it first coming
through an agent
- Has it been professionally edited
- Has it been professional typeset
- Has it a market value.
- Has a sleeve been designed and tested before a test audience
- Then has that sleeve been tested against people that would
see that sleeve and then expect a certain content.
- Have you considered a e-book design and a related marketing
- Is your word content/style/type appropriate for the
publisher you are approaching? Is this for adults/children or
Have you considered approaching a packaging agency?
Carl Storm's 'A Mighty Fine Way to Live and Die' was published
through a publisher after some of the above was done.
This is a highly competitive business and if you can deliver your
product whether it be a collection of verses/poem or a Novel, in a
form that is readable then you have a better chance of getting it
read and published